Now a days getting an email and clicking on a document link is normal. Especially if the email is coming from someone you know. It doesn’t mean that you can’t increase opens. By having a prospect click on your link and open your document you instantly generate an enormous amount of information about your target prospect, far beyond just knowing if they opened it or not. Here are a few tips we’ve picked up for getting prospects to open your documents:
- Have one call to action: This goes for any type of conversion funnel. Make it clear where you want your reader to go.
- Connect your link to a picture or a word: Having a clear target for prospects to click will increase conversion. Below are how links and documents are viewed on Gmail and Apple Mail. I don’t think its a coincidence that they give you a clear target.
- Inform your prospect: If you have turned on email tracking or password verification then let your prospect know that they will be expected to provide information to see your document. Even though you clearly already have your prospect’s email, some people are still hesitant to provide it.
- Remove the gateway: For the best results you should eliminate any barriers to see your document. That means deactivating email tracking and password protection. You will still get great information from the document. The problem here is that if there is no email tracking then you will not know who your prospect shared the document with. By creating links for individuals it increases the chance that your prospect was the individual who in fact opened the document.
- Customize your link: Although links are a normal part of our day. Seeing an overly large link to a third party site might deter some enterprise customers. Our system allows you to easily host your own documents and send your own link in order to increase credibility.
These might seem like overly simple suggestions, but they work. So next time you send a document link make sure you consider these easy steps. Take a look at our Online Demo