Not everyone is ready for a full product demo. More and more sales development reps are using video to grab the attention of executive decision makers. Which only makes sense as executives have very little time and are more engaged by video:
- According to Forbes Insight 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch the video.
- When marketers included a marketing or explainer video in an email, the click-through rate increased by 200% to 300%.
Lets walk step by step through the video building process.
- Define whom your videos are for.
- Identify who all of the stake holders and decision makers are.
- List the top 3 challenges of each individual you identified and how your product will create value for their company and make their job easier.
- Outline your key competitors and differentiators.
Outline your video using a slide deck
- Slide 1: Who you are and how to contact you.
- Slide 2: Your one liner. What you do and for who.
- Slide 3: The challenges of your target individual.
- Slide 4: How you solve the problem.
- Slide 5: How you are different than other solutions.
- Slide 6: Explain your secret sauce, what makes you unique?
- Slide 7: Social Proof: Who else uses you and trusts you.
- Slide 8: Your Value Proposition.
- Slide 9: Ask / next steps.
Write A Script
Writing a script is the same as telling a story. Include all of the key information from each slide but make it flow. The best way to have a clear script is to write the entire thing out. Once you start recording you will realize what part of your message you would like to adapt or change. There are various apps that you can use to do a voice recording for free. The most important part is that you write your script before you start making any videos. Once you are happy with your script then start thinking about the visuals for your video.
Create Your Video
There are many types of videos that you can make. These videos include everything from a fully animated video to a simple slide deck with a voiceover. The easiest way to create a video is to flip through a slide deck while you record your screen.
Combine the video and the audio into a video editing tool. There are many free options including iMovie if you have a Mac. Use the voiceover to determine what you want to see visually. Visualize your story using text highlighting key messaging and pictures.
If creating tailored sales videos is so easy, why isn’t everyone doing it? The best answer is time and resources. Most startups don’t have the resources to hire someone full time to make videos. Creating them yourself takes a significant amount of time. With the evolution of media and the increased effectiveness of video in the sales process, finding a way to quickly and cost effectively create targeted videos is key in targeting hard to get prospects.
CloseFox takes the guesswork out of sales follow ups by providing insight into prospect minds. By simply attaching your sales documents and videos to your email and sales automation templates, CloseFox identifies which prospects to follow-up with and how. Allowing sales teams to save hours every day and increase the effectiveness of follow-up calls and emails. Unlike other tools, CloseFox utilizes a proprietary algorithm to analyze the engagement of prospects when viewing documents and videos, then provides the insight into what your prospects want. Empowering your team to win more deals.