Video is already a big part of almost every company’s marketing strategy. Top sales people are beginning to catch on. Lets take the majority of sales influencers for example. Names like Jill Konrath, Miles Austin, S. Anthony Iannarino and Jeb Blount. They all have some kind of video strategy. Whether it be webinars, or video updates, or tutorials. Video is working for them, and it can work for you too.
According to Forbes Insight, 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read text. About 65% of those who view a video click through to visit the vendor website and 50% look for more information.
We are not saying take time out of your day to make videos, we are saying use some of the most effective content you already have to build relationships and be an expert for your prospects. Here are a few tips for using videos in your sales process:
- Use it in your email signature: As an effective sales person you send a lot of emails. Your signature is a great resource for your prospects to find out more about you in a passive way. Providing relevant content can help you build credibility without being pushy.
- Intro Videos: Use your marking videos as a soft introduction. Your prospect may not be ready for a pitch but they are likely willing to take 2 minutes to see if s/he wants to respond to your email. If they make it through the whole video, there is probably some interest.
- Be an expert: Use video tutorials to build credibility in your sales cycle. Maybe your team already has great tutorial that can help your prospects succeed. Or maybe you have the time to do it yourself.
- Trial Customers: Trial customers want to understand your product…so help them do it. Videos are an easy way to see how engaged they are. If they are watching your videos then they genuinely have an interested in solving their problem.
- Webinars: Were you or someone at your company in an expert panel or webinar? Upload it to Youtube and share it as a resource for your prospects. It will position you as an expert.
Our customers have found a clear correlation between video views and interested prospects. A video is much easier to digest, takes less time and can tell you if your prospects are ready for a follow up.
CloseFox takes the guesswork out of sales followups by reading prospect minds. Our dashboard helps sales teams know what is important to their prospects by tracking engagement and strategic data. Allowing them to follow up with the right prospect at the right time with the right message. Unlike other tools CloseFox shorten’s the sales cycle by taking the guesswork out of followups, allowing you to pursue the right prospect with the right message.