Traditionally video content has been reserved for the marketing team. Posting introductory videos, online tutorial, and Customer interviews on the website is a proven method for engaging website visitors. So why don’t videos work for your sales process?
Well, they do! In fact our internal team has a 100% success rate when using video. If one of our prospects completes our introductory video we always set a follow up meeting or get a new trial user….100%! Our customers have seen similar results. Despite these great results I consistently speak with sales development representatives who have unsuccessfully requested video content for their sales process. If videos engage website visitors and increase website conversion, why wouldn’t they affect sales conversion?
I believe the answer is uncertainty. Until now there has been no way to effectively track video engagement in the sales cycle. You can even utilize individual video links in your templates in your sales automation process. So here are some tips on how to increase the success of your sales cycle by using video.
- Introductory Follow-Up: When you make a cold call or warm call it is likely that your prospect knows very little about your company. Short marketing videos are a great way to introduce your value proposition in a painless way.
- Building Credibility: What is better than a multiple page case study outlining how you solved your customer’s problems? A video that does the same thing in a minute. Put a face and personality to your customers by sharing videos of them and their satisfaction with your product.
- Being An Expert: If you ever participate in webinars then you already have great video content. If attendees to your webinar found the content useful then your prospective customers probably will too. This will allow them to see you in action and better understand how you can solve their problems.
- Online Demos: Not everyone wants a complete demo. Recording your demo with a voice over is a very effective tool. You can then follow up with them using the engagement data and get right to the point.
- Onboarding: Not everyone that signs up for a trial is serious about trying it. Using how-to videos in your onboarding process will identify the most engaged trial users that are worth your time.
Creating valuable videos does not need to be expensive. It is a time investment, especially when keeping videos current. Powtoon is a great way to create a simple low cost marketing video with a clear sales message. There are a number of tools that can record your screen and do a voiceover for online demos. Investing a few hours will give you valuable content for months.
CloseFox takes the guesswork out of sales followups by reading prospect minds. By simply attaching your sales collateral to your email we are able to identify which prospects to follow up with and how. Our dashboard helps sales teams know what is important to their prospects by tracking engagement and strategic data. Allowing them to follow up with the right prospect at the right time with the right message. Unlike other tools CloseFox utilizes sales documents and videos that you already use to provide prospect rankings and follow up recommendations that shorten the sales cycle.